The Gentry Mortuary began on November 1, 1948 by Glenard and Ruth Gentry. Mr. Gentry always had a dream of owning his own funeral home in Knoxville, TN. The funeral home served 48 families the first year in business and set a standard of ethics and dignity that is our hallmark of service today.
The grounds of the funeral home have always been a garden spot in the local community. The abundant dogwood trees are brilliant with color each year and there are tulips that pop up out of the ground in the springtime; other spring flowers abound. Folks enter the driveway and circle the property just to admire the beauty of the grounds.
The building is a Southern traditional style three-level building. The exterior is brick and frame, painted white with black trim and sits on 3 acres on a hill above the Fountain City Lake. The interior is beautiful in its Southern decor, complete with a winding staircase on the ground floor that leads to the second floor.